Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life Goals


I remember laying on my bed at the 15th year of my life thinking... 
it pretty much dumbs down to two options: 
I can attempt being a realist and study science, really try to figure out; how things really work and fail. Or I can succumb to my imagination and leave the realm of real world worries.

I happily chose the easy way. Computer Games (and books) fascinated me as the ultimate pastime (for a 15 years old), and I simply couldn't
fathom spending my time on a "lesser" task, a task that is bothered by
the real world.

Ever since: while going through high school, the military service and
some traveling I constantly resonated in two persistent realities: the
real world and Game Design World.

In Game Design World I objectified my experiences into a high level
model of my other persistent reality. But it wasn't limited to that;
some objects had merely faint memories in that other reality.

In this Game Design reality I can do as I wish, I can explore as I
wish and I make the rules. My control over the very fabric of being
there is limited only by my conscience.

At FullSail (university) I finally realized my dreams of making games
and towards the end of my bachelor's I started thinking about a job.

Then I realized something; while actively pursuing option number two,
I found myself knee deep in option number one as a software engineer
with some practical experience.

Realizing that I can write any application that I want made me
reevaluate my goals, a relatively new field of science captured my
attention: Augmented Reality.

From that point on: my ideas always find their way back to the reality
we share with the real world.


No comments: